I brought this a while ago for my Cheon Song Yi (Jun Ji Hyun) Lipstick Dupes post. I have no idea as to why I didn't review this earlier, since this is a nice lippy~

I like how the packaging is matte and is the colour of the balm, so the user is aware of the colour and finish of the product. Its retractable so you won't have to deal with any messy sharpening. The formula itself is creamy, so it glides onto the lips smoothly. It also has a slight peppermint scent and cool sensation. Due to the matte nature of the balm, it isn't moisturising. In fact it does dry out the lips a little, so I do recommend applying a lip balm before hand. I also recommend you to exfoliate the dry skin on your lips, as the balm does cling onto and enhance dry skin. 

The pigmentation is very opaque, one swatch alone has great colour payoff. With the colour Standout, I find that it does smudge and bleed a little. The lipstick lasts about 4-5 hours. However, I find that after a few hours, the balm does settle into the fine lines regardless if you have applied balm before hand or exfoliated. So it may appear uneven or patchy. 


Pros:

  • Affordable
  • Retractable
  • Creamy, smooth formula
  • High quality
  • Great pigmentation
  • Great colour range

Cons:

  • A bit drying
  • Settles into fine lines after a few hours
  • Can appear uneven or patchy after a few hours
  • Smudges and bleeds a little

Rating: 7/10

Would I repurchase?

I already have! ^__^ in other colours - 205 Elusive and 210 Unapologetic.

Would I recommend it?

I would, Revlon has a great range of colours for you to chose from. The colour intensity is great and the product is high quality. However if you have very dry lips or don't like matte finishes, I recommend you to try Relvon's other balm range - Balm Stain or Lacquer Balm. ^^

Have you tried any of Relvon's balms yet? ^^

No comments